An auspicious beginning was made in the Nandana Nama Samvatsara by holding Harivayustuthi Parayana with 108+ devotees in an organized manner at Sri Anjaneya Swami Temple, HR Koil Street, Triplicane by our Samithi jointly with Sri Rama Association, Triplicane. This first mega event in the new Samvatsara, was held as a part of the Sri Rama Navami Celebrations being conducted by the Association, annually at this temple for the last 67 years. The Mukyaprana temple was originally consecrated by one of our most revered Swamijis of Sri Uttaradi Mutt, Sri Satya Sandharu, more than three centuries ago.
In this Nandana Nama Samvatsara, Our Samithi has planned to conduct 12 mega monthly events with 108 devotees each, at various locations including few places visited by our Jagadguru Sriman Madhwacharya and this event is the first one in the series.
Highlights of the event are given below:
- Devotees started assembling at the venue from 7 AM itself and numbered 108 by 8 AM.
- As usual tokens were issued to all the participants to facilitate easy identification of all the devotees.
- Parayana commenced at 8 AM with the lead given by our Mentor, Dr.M.Raghu, RigVedhi of Madras Sanskrit College, Mylapore, Chennai, starting with MADHWASHTAKAM followed by Guru Praarthanaa & Sankalpa.
- In all, 153 devotees took part in the parayana.
- B Krishna (President) & M R Gundachar (Secretary) of the Sri Rama Association felicitated the members of our Samithi by honoring Dr. Raghu (Mentor) & Mr. Madhukar (Samiti Member).
- While stressing the importance of HVS parayana in Madhwa houses, Dr.Raghu sought the co-operation of all Madhwa sajjanas in getting the parayana done at their respective residences for the well being of one & all. Besides, a mention was also made by him about the proposed 12 monthly mega events at various centres (with 108 participants each) and the good fortune of having started the New Year at the feet of Mukhyaprana Devaru. Abhisheka & Mangalaharathi were performed by the priests to the deity.
- As per the existing practice, all the participants were given prasadham consisting of books on Sundara Kanda and Madhwa Nama, a beautiful photograph of the Avatara-traya, gopichandana, Janivara, besides plantain and Dakshine.
- Immediately after the conclusion of the event, Panchamrutham, Curd Rice, Panakam & Butter Milk were distributed to all the devotees.
- The programme ended with Theerthaprasadha at Sri Vyasaraja Mutt, Triplicane by 11.30 AM.
The Samiti takes this opportunity to profusely thank Sri Rama Association for the excellent arrangements made for the smooth conduct of the HVS parayana, to all the devotees for their spontaneous response in making this event a Grand Success, to all the residents staying in the Temple’s vicinity for their unstinted co-operation and assistance, to the authorities of Sri Vyasaraja Mutt for providing the Theerthaprasada by 11.30 AM, and last but not the least to all our dedicated volunteers for their continued support in facilitating a smooth & peaceful conduct of the mega event.
Let Hari Vayu Gurugalu Bless Us All.
Click HERE to view the photos (album) for this event.
Click HERE to view the same photos in slideshow.
|| Sri Krishnarpanamastu ||